Business Development Representative Team Leader - Remote
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
The Business Development Representative (BDR) & Inside Sales Team work to identify, nurture, and develop sales opportunities to drive revenue growth. The Team Lead is responsible for onboarding, mentoring, and managing direct BDR reports, as well as supporting Sales Department leadership in building and refining processes across the sales funnel to optimize growth.
- Directly manage a team of Business Develop Representatives, overseeing individual target achievement and professional development
- Train members on role plays and objection handling; shadow calls; support pipeline development; lead 1:1s weekly with all direct reports
- Actively participate in Lead Generation activities - maintaining and individual BDR pipeline and reaching personal quota as well as team quota (Player-Manager)
- Ensure full adoption of prospecting process and methodology
- Assist with performance tracking for BDR members
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, reports for sales management
- Lead new lead generation initiatives
- Experience in Business Development or Sales role for 3+ years in a SaaS company
- 1+ year of team lead or management experience
- Experience in GovTech strongly preferred
- Proven record of quota attainment
- Strategic thinker who is good at thinking on their feet
- Natural leader who is not afraid to jump in the weeds to support their team
- Personal drive, energy, and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Great connector, able to start a conversation with everyone from all levels of management
- Strong interest in technology and local government, previous technology experience a plus
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.