About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep research problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement scalable algorithms and models to solve business problems in areas at the intersection of ML, NLP, search, and deep learning. You will innovate, help move the needle for research in these exciting areas and build cutting-edge technologies that enable mayors, city managers and other local government officials to better engage with their communities, affecting millions of people in the US and Israel.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists and engineers to design and implement scalable models, for example category and sentiment classification
- Drive scalable solutions from business ideation through prototyping and testing, to production;
- Drive best practices for the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
- 2+ years experience delivering Machine Learning & Deep Learning based software solutions
- 2+ years of professional experience with Python
- BSc in a relevant quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar)
- Hands-on experience with model development pipelines (data extraction, data preparation, feature engineering, model development, and deployment) for natural language processing systems
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithm design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based, impact driven environment
It’s even better if you have:
- Msc/PhD in areas such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics or Natural Language Processing
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and monitoring
- Experience in designing and developing large, scalable production systems and architectures