Strategic Partnerships Manager
About The Position
What is the role?
As Strategic Partnerships Manager at Zencity, you will be a foundational player in the new and fast-growing Partnerships department, with an immediate and meaningful contribution to the company’s growth and impact. You will be on the front lines of this work, collaborating with the VP Partnerships and other leaders across Zencity to identify areas of mutual value for partnerships, sourcing and screening partners, and liaising between partners and various stakeholders inside the company.
Zencity aims to be the obvious partner for those seeking to help government leaders better serve their constituents -- from technology companies to consulting firms to data providers and civic nonprofits.
This is an exciting commercial and cross-functional role, with an execution focus, ideal for someone comfortable connecting the dots between sales, product and strategy internally and the ecosystem within and around state and local government externally -- understanding how it all fits together, where Zencity can add value, and how to bring others along in that vision.
- Source new partners and screen for fit with Zencity’s mission and our customer’s objectives.
- Coordinate the partner integration process from start to finish, while calling upon other company resources to assist in solution development, enablement materials and support.
- Engage directly with a portfolio of strategic customers and partners as a primary point of contact.
- Develop innovative business models that align Zencity and partner objectives.
- Develop and maintain processes to track partner activity across the organization (including in Salesforce CRM.)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to build joint go-to-market plans and sales strategies.
- Be a partner champion inside Zencity, representing partners in company discussions and decisions.
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest technologies, competitors and partners.
- Achieve quarterly and annual goals and metrics related to business growth and partner success as outlined by the company’s management.
- Travel ~15% (when safe to do so) - occasionally to partners, more frequently to key conferences attended by both customers and partners/prospective partners.
What you’ll receive from us:
- Training, support, and an environment that is conducive to making you successful
- Management that cares - we do whatever we can to ensure each day is better than the day before
- Rapid professional growth inside a startup doubling in size every year
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company 401(k) plan
- 3+ years of relevant experience in strategic or product partnerships, business development, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Results and goal-driven. Proven track record of exceeding/meeting goals.
- Proven experience in managing projects from ideation to successful execution
- Experience presenting to C-suite and executive leadership at large organizations and/or governments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive and clear in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Ability to stay extremely well-organized and drive projects effectively with lots of autonomy.
- A strong intuition for interpersonal and organizational dynamics.
- Data-driven orientation and ability to efficiently draw insights.
- Native or fluent in English.
- State/local government experience - significant advantage
- State or local government technology background - advantage
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.