Data Analyst - Client Oriented Research
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way local governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced ML algorithms, we analyze data from social media, news, municipality hotlines, and other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about their residents’ feedback. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for a local government.
Our dedicated team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already trusted by over 180 cities in Israel and in the US, including Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a data analyst, you will be responsible for generating valuable, actionable research products to benefit our clients’ decision-making processes. You will analyze large amounts of qualitative data and derive high-quality, accessible written deliverables. Weekly analysts’ targets will support the company’s retention goals. You will also take part in constantly improving our product’s analytical capabilities.
- Translate data into mini-reports offering a concise description and explanation of trends in resident online discourse.
- Provide high-quality deliverables to city or county leadership to support decision-making processes.
- Develop scalable analysis methods for analytical deliverables.
- Maintain close collaboration with go-to-market team to align with business needs.
- At least two years of proven experience in analyzing data (including academic research).
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to simplify complex ideas or convey messages in a clear and concise way
- Native English is a must; other languages are an advantage
- Attention to details while keeping the big picture in mind
- Tech-savvy and keen on learning new technologies
- Time management skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in data visualization - advantage
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.