Business Development Representative Team Leader
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand and interact with their citizens. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyze data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for a city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 140 cities in Israel and in the US, including Tel-Aviv and San Francisco. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
The Business Development Representative (BDR) & Inside Sales Team work to identify, nurture, and develop sales opportunities to drive revenue growth. The Team Lead is responsible for onboarding, mentoring, and managing direct BDR reports, as well as supporting Sales Department leadership in building and refining processes across the sales funnel to optimize growth.
- Directly manage a team of Business Develop Representatives, overseeing individual target achievement and professional development
- Train members on role plays and objection handling; shadow calls; support pipeline development; lead 1:1s weekly with all direct reports
- Actively participate in Lead Generation activities - maintaining and individual BDR pipeline and reaching personal quota as well as team quota (Player-Manager)
- Ensure full adoption of prospecting process and methodology
- Assist with performance tracking for BDR members
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, reports for sales management
- Lead new lead generation initiatives
- Experience in Business Development or Sales role for 3+ years in the software industry
- 1+ year of team lead or management experience
- Experience in GovTech strongly preferred
- Proven record of quota attainment
- Strategic thinker who is good at thinking on their feet
- Natural leader who is not afraid to jump in the weeds to support their team
- Personal drive, energy, and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Great connector, able to start a conversation with everyone from all levels of management
- Strong interest in technology and local government, previous technology experience a plus
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.