Business Development Representative
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments hear from, understand, and engage with their residents. Our community input & insights platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations make data-driven decisions. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 300 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role
As a Zencity Business Development Representative (BDR), your main goal will be to generate new business opportunities. As a BDR, you will identify, engage, and educate local government prospects about the value of Zencity, creating viable sales opportunities with these prospects. Your main tools will be calls, emails, LinkedIn, and creative channels to develop relationships with local government leaders.
- Generate new business opportunities - maintain growing SQL targets on a monthly basis
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that the company’s sales targets are met
- Convey product knowledge to potential clients, adhering to company messaging and positioning
- Continuously stay up to date on the world of local government relevant to Zencity and send feedback back to product teams & client-facing teams
- Be prepared to support activities by tracking and analyzing effectiveness in generating new business
- Be creative, outgoing, and persistent in contacting new customers and generating new business
- Minimum 6 months experience in a professional work environment
- Personal drive, energy, and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Great connector, able to start a conversation with everyone from all levels of management
- Interest in technology and tech business, previous technology experience a plus
- Previous sales development experience - a huge advantage
- Familiarity & interest in local government - advantage
- Willingness to work remotely
Zencity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.