Business Development Representative
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand and interact with their residents. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyse data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for cities.
Our dedicated team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already trusted by over 180 cities worldwide, across 25 US States, including Chicago, Houston, and New Orleans. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Zencity Business Development Representative (BDR), you will work closely with our Inside Sales and Business Team to identify sales opportunities and accelerate revenue growth. In this role, you will be responsible for allocating those opportunities to the appropriate sales channel.
- Via outbound channels (email/linkedin/phone) - identify, engage, and educate prospects about the value of Zencity. Create viable sales opportunities with these prospects. /cold call engagements via both phone and email and develop leads/prospects
- Ramp up quickly! We are a fast growing startup and need to move fast. Expected to ramp to 80 outbound calls per day in 30 days.
- Be creative, outgoing, and persistent in contacting new customers and generating new business
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that the company’s sales targets are met
- Convey product knowledge to potential clients, adhering to company messaging and positioning
- Continuously stay up to date on technologies relevant to the Zencity's Business and send feedback back to product teams
- Candidate MUST be prepared to support activities to track and analyze their own and the company’s effectiveness in generating new business
- Personal drive, energy and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Self-Starter with the potential to lead
- Great connector, able to start a conversation with everyone from all levels of management
- Strong interest in technology and tech business, previous technology experience a plus
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Native English speaker
- Other languages – advantage
- Previous SDR experience- huge advantage
- Previous sales/telemarketing experience- advantage
- Competitive and incentive-driven
- Willingness to work remotely
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.