Business Development Representative - Remote
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a Zencity Business Development Representative (BDR), you will work closely with our Inside Sales and Business Team to identify sales opportunities and accelerate revenue growth. In this role, you will be responsible for allocating those opportunities to the appropriate sales channel.
- Via outbound channels (email/linkedin/phone) - identify, engage, and educate prospects about the value of Zencity. Create viable sales opportunities with these prospects. /cold call engagements via both phone and email and develop leads/prospects
- Ramp up quickly! We are a fast growing startup and need to move fast. Expected to ramp to 80 outbound calls per day in 30 days.
- Be creative, outgoing, and persistent in contacting new customers and generating new business
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that the company’s sales targets are met
- Convey product knowledge to potential clients, adhering to company messaging and positioning
- Continuously stay up to date on technologies relevant to the Zencity’s Business and send feedback back to product teams
- Candidate MUST be prepared to support activities to track and analyze their own and the company’s effectiveness in generating new business
- Personal drive, energy and enthusiasm to achieve and surpass goals
- Self-Starter with the potential to lead
- Great connector, able to start a conversation with everyone from all levels of management
- Strong interest in technology and tech business, previous technology experience a plus
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Native English speaker
- Other languages – advantage
- Previous SDR experience- huge advantage
- Previous sales/telemarketing experience- advantage
- Competitive and incentive-driven
- Willingness to work remotely
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.