Full Stack Developer
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand, and interact with their citizens. Zencity’s platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyze data from social media, city hotlines, and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights into how their citizens view and use the city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 250 cities in the US and in Israel, including Los Angeles, Tel-Aviv, and San Francisco. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a senior full-stack developer, you will join our R&D team in our Tel Aviv office. You will take an active part in the development life cycle of complex projects that help mayors and other city leaders understand their citizens and their city in more effective ways, improving the lives of millions of citizens around the world. You will work on a variety of products in a full-stack team, which are all based on surveys distributed among the citizens of our clients.
You’ll apply best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules while maintaining operational excellence. You’ll also work with product managers to act on our roadmap to provide compelling capabilities for local government stakeholders to gain insights into how their citizens view and use the city.
- At least 4 years of experience working in a full-stack team while utilizing current industry-accepted standards, best practices, and tools to develop maintainable and scalable SaaS applications
- At least 2 years of experience with React
- Full understanding of the DOM and intricacies of client-side performance and browser compatibilities
- Experience in frontend development in various web technologies like Redux/Mobx
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
It’s even better if you have:
- Experience with Python and Django framework
- Proficiency with micro-frontends
- Experience with web bundling tools like WebPack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.