Director of Application Development
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand, and interact with their citizens. Zencity’s platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyze data from social media, city hotlines, and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights into how their citizens view and use the city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 250 cities in the US and in Israel, including Los Angeles, Tel-Aviv, and San Francisco. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Director of Application Development, you will join Zencity's R&D in our Tel Aviv office. You will lead a product development group that consists of 3 to 4 teams, partnering with a product director to set and execute objectives. You will own our long-term web infrastructure, tools & process strategy, leading teams to deliver a world-class cloud platform for community engagement and resident feedback. You will be responsible for leadership, management, and oversight of design, development, quality, and customer enablement while assessing the effectiveness and driving optimizations in existing team workflows and SDLC. You will communicate with peers, cross-functional team members, and senior leadership regarding plans, status, issues, challenges while providing recommendations and revising plans and solutions as needed for balancing long-term results with short-term business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- At least 4 years of experience leading a cross-functional full stack team while utilizing current industry-accepted standards, best practices, and tools to develop maintainable and scalable SaaS applications
- Comprehensive experience with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into engineering initiatives, manage quarterly SDLC, dependencies, timelines, and KPIs while ensuring quality and velocity of your teams’ deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to articulate customer and technical requirements with all stakeholders
- A passion to understand the business and how technology can benefit our client base
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
It’s even better if you have:
- Experience leading multiple, cross-functional engineering teams developing maintainable and scalable SaaS applications
- Experience with DevOps automation tools or CI/CD Experience with Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices
- Experience leading and building high performing offshore teams
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Experience with automated testing strategies, build pipelines, and deployment systems