Data Science Full Stack Engineer
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a Senior full-stack developer, you will join our Data Science team in our Tel Aviv office. This team's mission is to enable Zencity to unlock the power of data and data science and to run advanced machine learning models that drive our core A.I capabilities. This includes working on all components of our product, from data integration and server-side algorithmic work to front end implementation. The work includes building data ingestion pipelines, testing, consuming and hosting ML models using Python, Node.js and React.
- 2+ years of professional experience with React, HTTP/2, Serverless, Microservices, and cross-platform development.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies like rabbitMQ and with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Redis
- Extensive experience with NodeJS, preferably also with TypeScript
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Prior use of AWS/Azure technologies at scale in a production environment
- Experience with Agile development process and automated testing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, impact driven environment
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Ability to learn and a willingness to work collaboratively to achieve goals
It’s even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Designed and built a POC or product/service from the ground up, or architected a product/service in your current or previous roles
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and Spark
- Familiarity with with MLOps and AutoML tools and approaches