Full Stack Developer
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a full-stack developer, you will join our team in our Tel Aviv office. You will be in charge of taking on the development of great new features that help mayors and other city leaders understand their citizens and their city in more effective ways, improving the lives of millions of citizens around the world. This includes working on all components of our product, from data integration and server-side algorithmic work to front end implementation. The work includes Node.js and React development.
- Great interpersonal skills
- At least 3 years of experience with web development
- 1+ years of experience working with React/Angular/Vue
- Extensive experience with NodeJS, preferably also with TypeScript
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Experience with Agile development process and automated testing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, delivery driven environment
- A passion for investigating stuff, reading, and learning, and of course building great products
- Ability to learn and a willingness to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Strong desire to grow and keep up with the up-to-date framework/technological trends
- Familiarity with back-end technologies like rabbitMQ and with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Redis
It’s even better if you have:
- Designed and built a POC or product/service from the ground up, or architected a product/service in your current or previous roles
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Working knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with containers and K8s
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.