Data Platform Developer
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand, and interact with their citizens. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyze data from social media, city hotlines, and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for a city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 180 cities in the US and in Israel, including Los Angeles, Tel-Aviv and San Francisco. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Data Platform Developer, you will be a part of the Infrastructure Development team, with wide responsibility areas. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining complex automated data driven solutions for product and data science departments.
We are looking for an experienced developer who is well acquainted with the world of data, and familiar with modern data technologies stack.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing, continuous integration and delivery .
- Proven experience in Python, Java, Scala or other modern programming languages
- 3+ years working in a data-intensive production environment, based on one or more modern paradigms like Microservices, Event Sourcing, Service Mesh, CQRS, etc.
- Familiarity with both NoSQL and SQL databases (postgres, mysql, mongodb, etc)
- Deep familiarity with distributed event streaming solutions (Kafka, Kinesis, etc)
- Cluster-computing frameworks experience (Spark, Storm, etc)
- Solid analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
It’s even better if you have
- Strong Linux operating system knowledge
- Work experience with data science teams, and delivering ML based models to production
- Work experience with cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.