DevOps Team Lead
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a DevOps Team Lead, you will lead a team of dedicated professionals responsible for:
- Advancing the DevOps philosophy in Zencity’s engineering organization
- Providing tools and automating infrastructure processes to enable development teams to be more autonomous, increasing Zencity’s velocity from ideation to execution
- Improve and streamline Zencity’s CI/CD environment
- Performing capacity management of our underlying cloud/on-prem infrastructure, performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- 6+ years of prior experience as a Devops Engineer/SRE
- 2+ years of prior experience as a DevOps/SRE team leader
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
- Experience working with configuration management (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience architecting and developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, TeamCity or GitLab.
- Experience and deep understanding of microservices and distributed application architectures such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
It’s even better if you have
- Extensive experience working with cloud platforms, preferably Azure
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps