Full Stack Developer
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand, and interact with their citizens. The Zencity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyze data from social media, city hotlines, and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for a city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 180 cities in the US and in Israel, including Los Angeles, Tel-Aviv and San Francisco. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Full-stack Developer, you will join our team in our Tel Aviv office. You will be in charge of taking on the development of great new features that help mayors and other city leaders understand their citizens and their city in more effective ways, improving the lives of millions of citizens around the world. This includes working on all components of our product, from data integration and server-side algorithmic work to front end implementation. The work includes Python and React development.
It’s even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Designed and built a POC or product/service from the ground up, or architected a product/service in your current or previous roles
- Working knowledge of Azure Cloud Services
- Familiarity with containers and K8s
- Experience with Agile development process
***Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
- 2+ years of professional experience with web application development
- Experience building distributed systems using a micro-service architecture. Python is a significant advantage
- Experience developing applications using front-end frameworks like React and Angular
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, impact driven environment
- A passion for problem solving, reading and learning, and of course building great software
- Great communication and self-learning skill