Data Science Team Lead
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep research problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement scalable algorithms and models to solve business problems in areas at the intersection of ML, NLP, search, and deep learning. You will innovate, help move the needle for research in these exciting areas and build cutting-edge technologies that enable mayors, city managers and other local government officials to better engage with their communities, affecting millions of people in the US and Israel.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists and engineers to design and implement scalable models for categorization, sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, and location prediction;
- Drive scalable solutions from business ideation to prototyping, production testing, and through engineering directly to production and go to market;
- Drive best practices for the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives and mentor and guide team members to achieve their career growth potential.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading teams to deliver machine learning based software solutions
- Technical hands-on experience in general-purpose programming languages such as Scala, Python, Java, or C++
- Bsc in a relevant quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics or similar)
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithm design, data structures and complexity analysis
- Hands-on experience with model development process (data extraction, data preparation, feature engineering, model development and deployment) for natural language processing systems
It’s even better if you have:
- One or more of these: Msc/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing
- Experience in designing and developing large, scalable production systems and architectures
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 3+ years experience and proven track record in leading teams for developing natural language processing systems