Survey Research Analyst
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments hear from, understand, and engage with their residents. Our community input & insights platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations make data-driven decisions. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 300 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
Zencity’s surveys help state and local governments to understand and respond to the needs of their residents. Our research enables clients to effectively tackle many of their most critical challenges, in areas such as COVID-19 response, infrastructure spending, economic development, and police transparency. With the insights from these surveys, leaders are able to make more informed decisions and deliver better results for their communities.
As a Survey Research Analyst, you will create customized survey solutions for our clients, from project planning and questionnaire design through data analysis and reporting. You will also help to develop the next generation of Zencity’s survey research tools and methods and to make innovative and high-quality surveys more scalable through automation and productization. As part of a fast-growing team and organization, you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to build new skills and help shape the direction of the program in the years to come.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to determine client needs and deliver on end-to-end survey projects
- Write and customize questionnaires to measure residents’ beliefs, opinions, attitudes, and behaviors on local and national issues
- Process, and analyze survey results to inform clients’ decisions
- Create and deliver to customers reports presenting survey findings and recommendations
- Collaborate with other team members in developing best practices, testing new research methods, and creating tools to streamline the survey process
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, psychology, sociology, economics, public policy, or other social science degrees
- At least two years of experience with quantitative research in a professional or academic context
- Experience working with survey data and analysis
- Native-level English proficiency
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in survey design, fielding, and/or methodology, including questionnaire design
- Proficiency in statistical analysis methods
- Ability to analyze data using software such as Python or R
- Experience presenting findings to senior-level stakeholders
- Experience working in a service-oriented and client-focused environment
- Public policy and government experience
- Familiarity with current events (especially social and political) in the United States