Channel Partner Manager (USA East Coast Remote)
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community feedback & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms, alongside expert analysts to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 350 cities and counties - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
Zencity aims to be the go-to partner for those seeking to help government leaders better serve their constituents through meaningful community engagement -- from technology companies to consulting firms to data providers and civic nonprofits. We are looking to extend our business development strategy through indirect sales models and a variety of channel partnerships, including but not limited to: resellers, value added resellers, agency partners, referral partners and more.
What is the role?
As Channel Partner Manager at Zencity, you will focus on sourcing and screening relevant partners for Zencity, handle contracts and manage a multitude of long term relationships to drive impact and deliver revenue to the company. This is a foundational position in the fast-growing Partnerships Department, with immediate and meaningful contribution to the company’s growth.
You will work directly with the Director of Partnerships and Engagements and other leaders across Zencity to identify areas of mutual value for partnerships, and liaising between partners as well as various stakeholders inside the company.
This is an exciting commercial and cross-functional role, with a strong execution focus, ideal for someone comfortable connecting the dots between sales, product and strategy internally and within the state and local gov tech ecosystem at large -- understanding how it all fits together, where Zencity can add value, and how to bring others along in that vision.
Zencity offers a flexible working environment. Most employees work fully remotely, but we also have an office in Brooklyn employees are welcome to use if they live in the area or are traveling through.
- Source new partners and screen for fit with Zencity’s mission and our customer’s objectives.
- Assist in developing innovative business models that align Zencity and partner objectives.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with selected partners to the benefit of Zencity and in alignment with its goals, objectives and metrics.
- Coordinate the partner integration process from start to finish, while calling upon other company resources and departments to assist in solution development, enablement materials and support.
- Engage in and manage solid relationships with a portfolio of channel partners, while developing cadences and constantly seeking to increase the ROI of each partnership.
- Develop and maintain processes to track partner activity across the organization (including in Salesforce CRM).
- Collaborate with the go to market teams (mainly Sales and Customer Success) to build joint go to market plans and sales strategies that include partners.
- Be a partner champion inside Zencity, representing partners in company discussions and decisions.
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest technologies, competitors and partnerships strategy.
- Achieve quarterly and annual goals and metrics related to business growth and partner success as outlined by the company’s management.
- Travel ~15% - occasionally to partners, more frequently to key conferences attended by both customers and partners/prospective partners in order to strengthen existing partner relationships and foster new ones.
What you’ll receive from us:
- Training, support, guidance and an environment that is conducive to making you successful
- Management that cares - we do whatever we can to ensure each day is better than the day before
- Rapid professional growth inside a startup doubling in size every year
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team where new perspectives are welcomed. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment with Zencity.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in channel or product partnerships, business development, investment banking, or management consulting.
- Results and goal driven. Proven track record of exceeding/meeting goals.
- Proven experience in managing projects from ideation to successful execution.
- Experience presenting to C-suite and executive leadership at large organizations and/or governments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive and clear in writing, in person, virtually and over the phone.
- Ability to stay extremely well-organized and drive projects effectively with a lot of autonomy. Process and detail oriented in the way you think and work is key.
- A strong intuition for interpersonal and organizational dynamics.
- An ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects without management authority over all players.
- Data-driven orientation and ability to efficiently draw insights.
- Native or fluent in English.
- State/local government experience - significant advantage
- State or local government technology background - advantage