Sales Team Lead
About The Position
Who are we?
ZenCity is re-inventing the way cities and counties listen to, understand and interact with their citizens. The ZenCity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the community on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyse data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with over 250 cities, counties. State and Police departments including Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Riverside County and more. If you are passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real world challenges and radically improve life in cities - your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a Team Lead you will be an integral part of the company’s growth and leadership, sharing our solutions with local governments in North America reporting to the Head of Sale in North America. You will oversee a team of GovTech experienced account executives who are engaging prospects over phone, email and in-person to local government executives (mayors, city managers etc.) in the US & Canada. The AE’s role is to get government leaders excited about data driven decision making helping them hear their constituents from all corners of the community. You will also work internally - cooperating closely with the product team to convey feedback and ideas from clients. As our first US based sales leader, you will have the chance to work with high-profile clients, be an integral part of the Zencity’s growth strategy, participate in conferences, create methods and pipelines and be part of building our sales and upsells process.
- Manage a team that will achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals and metrics as outlined by the Head of US Sales
- Work on key deals and be the executive sponsor for your team’s deals
- You will be responsible for growing and developing the team by providing expert level sales knowledge, coaching, training and process improvement. You will drive the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets.
- Carry a light quota to stay up to date on the always changing needs of clients and to be able to give more focused support to the team combining general sales knowledge and the solutions offered by Zencity.
- Work with the Head of Sales to build and maintain successful upsell plans and processes.
- Manage some of Zencity’s strategic accounts directly
- Recruit, train and lead a team of Sales Reps
- Interface with various departments (marketing, sales, Customer Success, finance, HR) to ensure that work processes for the north America territory segment run smoothly and are in sync
- Continuously educate yourself on the latest technologies, competitors and partners.
- Lead new customers’ expectations and satisfaction with the implementation process
- Accurately forecast, track, and report revenue.
Location: DC, Maryland, or Virginia