About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a bookkeeper at Zencity, you will join our finance and operations team. You will support Zencity’s day-to-day financial activities, bookkeeping and accounting functions and will be reporting to Zencity’s head bookkeeper.
- Participate in the daily operations of the accounting department (GL, journal entries, billing, collection, payments, credit cards, expense reports, allocation per cost centers)
- Ensure Compliance with local legal and tax requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements
- Manage the monthly financial closing process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, account balance and credit cards reconciliations and report preparation
- Prepare B/S, P&L monthly support schedule, prepaids, accruals, fixed asset support schedule.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reporting – cash flow & expenses
- Preparation of all required year-end audit schedules/ all schedules for tax preparation, liaison with external auditors
- Reporting to statutory authorities - Income Tax, National Insurance & VAT
- Participate of intercompany reconciliation with an overseas subsidiary
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience- A must
- Experience in the High Tech industry - An advantage
- Experience with an overseas subsidiary - A must
- Experience with working in a multiple currency environment
- Experience with tax compliance (including estimated payments, VAT, Nikuim ,Odfot, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Priority software, Netsuite - Advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- High level Hebrew and English
- Organized, thorough with the ability to work in a high pace environment
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
Zencity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.