Community Manager (Remote)
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments listen to, understand, and interact with their residents. Our community insights & analytics platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations be more data-driven. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 200 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
Zencity is looking for a passionate and energetic Community Manager to build, lead and scale our brand new Zencity Community.
The Zencity Community will be the meeting place of our clients, local government leaders, to exchange ideas, consume knowledge, and connect with fellow members and professionals to discuss challenges in their field.
As our first-ever Community Manager at Zencity, you will work fully remote, be responsible for all community-building aspects including design and implementation, promotion of knowledge-sharing materials, creation of a core group of champions, and crafting new ways to generate value for our community members. You will work closely with multiple teams throughout the organization to collaborate, create new channels for knowledge-sharing, and develop stronger system integrations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Customer Success in our Client Services Department, this is a unique opportunity to take on a brand new strategic role at Zencity in which you will shape the identity of what our community will look like, bring more value to our clients and help them better serve their residents.
- Build, lead, and scale Zencity’s first ever community, including managing end-to-end processes of tool selection and implementation.
- Organize client events including webinars, meetups, and round tables
- Empower clients through educational materials to learn from the community and brand themselves as experts in resident engagement.
- Develop engaging content and initiatives that drive value, including industry experts, best practices, webinars, news & announcements.
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to create and maintain a feedback loop for new and planned features and marketing activities.
- 2+ years of experience as a community manager (or similar role) from a SaaS company
- Previous experience in content creation, social media management, marketing \ product marketing -an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the government industry - a big plus
- Strong orientation to the design/code/product communities - a big plus
- A great communicator with written and verbal skills
- Data-driven; measure, analyze and report on community activity, usage, and success metrics via the community platform’s reports
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Have great communication and relationship-building skills to learn, collect and share knowledge from different teams within the organization.