Director of Enterprise Customers (Remote)
About The Position
About the role:
Zencity seeks a veteran in the gov space, who is experienced working with high-ranking local government officials, is familiar with city government processes and personas, and is passionate about promoting reliance on data to customers as a tool for better understanding their communities and informing their decision-making.
As a Director of Enterprise Customers, you will own all current enterprise clients, establish solid relationships with key stakeholders and build a strategy for improving everyday use of the platform within that portfolio, while leading a small team of Customer Success Managers and collaborating across all other departments to maintain the highest retention rate.
- Ensuring our largest customers (including some of the biggest cities in the country) maximize the value they receive from our solutions—and turning them into our biggest fans while you’re at it.
- All post-sales activities, including customer onboarding and training, customer management, user adoption, contract renewals, expansion nurturing, customer value capture, and more.
- Develop strong relationships with Zencity's largest cities by traveling and meeting with them frequently, enabling platform adoption and growth, and ensuring customers achieve total business value.
- Build and mentor a team of Enterprise Customer Success Managers.
- Partner with the internal Zencity team members (Product Management, Marketing, Data Solutions) to align the company's activities with the customer's business case and strategy. Advocate on behalf of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas, including product.
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, provide recommendations based on risk and customers' needs. Own and manage customer escalation situations at a Senior level.
- Help clients to establish new workflows & institute behavioral changes (old way vs. new way).
- Proactively anticipate opportunities to expand Zencity product offerings.
- Background in urban/municipal policy or governance, or previous experience working with local governments - a must
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior role, such as a strategic or business consultant or similar role - a must
- Prior experience in people management - a must
- Ability to establish strong networking relationships with senior officials
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Proactive, self-motivated team player who can inspire both team members and customers
- Exceptional relationship-building skills demonstrated by the ability to grow and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders
- Detail-oriented individual who also can think and plan strategically
- Availability to travel ~25-30%