Senior Enterprise Customer Success Manager (USA Remote)
About The Position
Who are we?
Zencity is re-inventing the way governments hear from, understand, and engage with their residents. Our community input & insights platform and community survey solution use advanced NLP and ML algorithms to help government organizations make data-driven decisions. Our global team of urban enthusiasts and data geeks works with over 300 cities - from Los Angeles, to Chicago, to Tel Aviv. If you’re passionate about joining a growing and dynamic company focused on leveraging data and tech to work on real-world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us!
What is the role?
As a Senior Enterprise Customer Success Manager, you are fully responsible for the relationship with your book of business. This is a high-touch, senior role, working with states, cities, and counties with populations over 500K. You will be a trusted advisor to your clients and the main point of contact for them with Zencity. You will work with multiple stakeholders across the organization and have touch points with the executive team and departments, in roles ranging from the executive level to more junior staff. For executives, you will provide thought partnership and guidance on how to strategically use the Zencity suite of tools. For junior staff, you will be responsible for training and enablement/creation of day-to-day value. You will operate with a high degree of independence proactively delivering value to clients, and tapping into internal resources for additional value and support (i.e. company leadership, experts, analysts, etc.). This is a metric-focused position and you will be measured on deliverables through quarterly goals.
- Develop Relationships - Serve as a trusted advisor with customer executives (Mayors, City Managers), and own a close relationship with champions and other stakeholders to ensure achievement of quarterly and annual goals and metrics as outlined by Customer Success management
- Understand the local ecosystem - Align value with cities, counties, and states decision-making processes, including critical and cyclical issues (i.e. budget, elections, weather events)
- Execute the day-to-day - Schedule, plan, and facilitate workshops, training sessions, and regular (monthly or bi-weekly) check-in calls
- Plan Ahead - Work with clients to map out value and deliverables for the coming quarter while remaining nimble when unexpected events and emergencies arise. Scope and create specific product goals for clients based on their needs
- Product Implementation - Onboard new users to Zencity’s suite of products and implement the customer journey to enable their confidence and independent use of the platform
- Drive Commercial Aspects - Coordinate with the renewal manager to drive renewals, and in close partnership with the Enterprise Sales team to identify opportunities for account growth
- Organizational Management - Log customer interactions and next steps in our CRM system and monitor the customer’s health and adoption
- Collaboration - Bring a collaborative, team-oriented mindset with Enterprise CS colleagues and across Zencity teams; function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback to better serve our customers
- Must have at least 10 years experience as a trusted advisor/policy consultant such as Customer Success Manager, Strategic/Business/Organizational Consultant or similar roles
- Must have experience working for a B2B/B2G SaaS company / consulting firm
- Must have experience working in or with local governments in the United States
- Must have commercial experience with renewals, upsells, and cross-sells
- Experience regularly interacting and meeting with high-level government officials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish professional and personal connections with both senior officials and entry-level personnel
- Multi-tasker with exceptional organizational and analytical skills who is ambitious, persistent, and goal-oriented
- Strong digital skills, with the ability to simplify complex technical products to audiences with low digital proficiency
- Fluent English speaker
- Availability to travel - 25%
Zencity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.