Location: NYC OR San Francisco
Who are we?
ZenCity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand and interact with their citizens. The ZenCity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyse data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for cities.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with 10+ cities in Israel and in Europe, including Tel-Aviv and Paris, and is currently starting to serve the first group of US cities.
If you are passionate about leveraging data and tech to work on real world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As our US sales director you will be ZenCity’s first representative in the States, leading our company’s efforts in expanding to the American market. Working closely with our CEO, you will build and carry out a sales strategy, from identifying client segmentation to conducting meetings and calls. You will combine selling “off the shelf” products with cultivating RFPs with cities of all sizes. You will work with high-profile clients, participate in conferences, create sales methods and pipelines and play a significant role in building our sales process from the ground up.
- Develop strategies of selling directly to local government customers within the US
- Map out account plans to identify and close new opportunities for growth – including expansion, cross sells and professional service opportunities to current customers
- Manage complex sales-cycles, which include our portfolio of SaaS offerings and present to C-level executives
- Work with all levels of the organization – including program managers, contracting officers, developers and senior executives
- Work with senior management and accounting to negotiate contracts in the procurement cycle
- Employ strategic solution selling skills within complex customer environments
- Provide regular account reviews (quarterly business reviews) to highlight key results, metric analysis, demonstrated value and emphasize the ROI, as well as recommend process/procedure changes
- Qualify sales opportunities based on our sales methodology and metrics to include customer fit and success criteria
- Demonstrate expansion of the ZenCity Platform beyond the functionality introduced during implementation process and consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting and recommending and upsell new products, services, and (future) partner solutions
- Present our products in leading industry events and conferences
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding individual targets and quotas
- 5+ years of software solution sales and or account management in B2G/B2B companies OR 5+ years as a senior official in Local Government (city management, IT, budget, innovation or political leadership)
- Natural closer. Reluctant striving to create and follow potential leads and to carry out deals.
- 2+ years of experience in building or managing large scale sales funnels and/or working with enterprise clients
- Proven success working with a SaaS company – as a salesperson or as a government client
- Ability to identify, critique, suggest and implement intelligent changes to the customers’ eGov and Gov 2.0 initiatives
- Independant – be able to work alone with a remote team
- Communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, from individual contributors to C-level
- Great verbal and written communications skills. Be great in writing, in person and over the phone
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills
- Availability to travel 25% of the time
- Past experience providing solutions/sales/software into the public sector/government is highly desired
Please send your CV+one page cover letter to email@example.com and state the position you are applying for.
ZenCity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.