Who are we?
ZenCity is re-inventing the way cities listen to, understand and interact with their citizens. The ZenCity platform is a decision-supporting tool for understanding people in the city on a wide scale. With the use of advanced AI algorithms, we analyse data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provide local government stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city. Basically it’s like “google analytics” for cities.
Our dedicated team of Urban enthusiasts and data geeks is already working with 10+ cities in Israel and in Europe, including Tel-Aviv and Paris, and is currently starting to serve the first group of US cities.
If you are passionate about leveraging data and tech to work on real world challenges and radically improve life in cities – your place is with us.
What is the role?
As a data analyst you will be a part of the team responsible for our most valuable asset: data. Our system analyzes large amounts of data, and you will be in charge of supporting this process manually, by confirming the quality, fixing errors, and leveraging the data into insights.
This means that you will know our data better than anyone, raise flags to perfect our models, discover interesting trends, generate periodic reports and generally be the eyes and ears of our data scientists in the “field”.
- Confirm data quality and accuracy
- Classify and tag relevant data points to train our machine learning model
- Find interesting insights on different city issues and highlight them to our clients
- Create periodic reports and on-demand reports
- Make sure we give the most detailed picture we can, and that our data paints an interesting and thorough picture of life in the city by recognizing interesting data sources and adding them to our analysis
- An endless attention to detail, while always having the big picture in sight
- Be truly interested in cities and citizen life
- Tech savvy and keen on learning new technologies
- Fluent in Hebrew and English. Other languages – advantage
- Past experience in data analysis – advantage
- Experience writing queries in MongoDB or SQL – advantage
- Academic background in urban planning/public policy – advantage
Student/part-time positions will be considered.
Please send your CV+one page cover letter to email@example.com and state the position you are applying for.
ZenCity is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.